• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blacksheepradio

blacksheepradio

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:12 PM

[url= www. max-bid-timer.co.uk/"

does anyone have any info on this program? it needs the microsoft .NET program to work.
after i installed the Microsoft .NET program IE wants to get online for no apparent reason.

Edit to disable link... You are posting a link you think might be malware without giving us any info about what you think it is in the first place... Please do not post live suspicious links in the forum...

Edited by Budfred, 13 April 2008 - 08:39 PM.

#2 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

It needs to go online as the software uses Network Time Protocol and free Network Timeservers to bid at the last possible moment. As far as I know, it's spyware/adware free.
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#3 blacksheepradio

blacksheepradio

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:11 PM

Thats True but IE is now tring to get online several times a day even with no programs running.

It needs to go online as the software uses Network Time Protocol and free Network Timeservers to bid at the last possible moment. As far as I know, it's spyware/adware free.

#4 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

In which case I suggest you post a HiJackThis log in the Malware Removal forum and get it checked for a possible infection.
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button