• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sqrlking

sqrlking

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:59 AM

Hi,

for the last few months this cookie keeps re appearing. I'm not getting pop-ups or anything that would notify me that i have spyware, but my wife does keep finding this "adultfriendfinder" cookie. She, of course, assumes it means I have been visiting this website or at least a website that is "adult", which I have not. It is becoming a very annoying problem, to say the least, and provides very inconvenient disruptions in an otherwise blissful marriage.

Can somebody help me by explaining how & why this cookie keeps returning, and possibly where it may have come from?

I appreciate the help, I'm losing my mind a little.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

If you visit a site that is advertising another site and you do not have cookie management installed, it will deposit a cookie on your computer... In some cases, it may try to install a cookie even if you just Google a site or even if the site is not visibly advertised... I suggest you use a cookie manager, increase the cookie restrictions in your existing browser or use a browser like Firefox that has strong cookie management built in... Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to review the FAQ and post a log in Malware Removal to make sure that your computer is not infected...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 LessThanJake

LessThanJake

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:59 PM

Yea just clear your cookies and then disable the cookie option in your web browser and you should be fine.
"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."
WinPatrol
Windows Security Center *alert* latest bogus malware
Ad removed...

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button