Quick Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Davis

Davis

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

Hey. I just had a quick question about my firewall. I, of course, want the best that I can have so I was just wandering if the Firewall named StoneGate was sufficient. My mom's work set up our security when we got our computers but I've had problems with how they set some stuff up. If you would recommend a new one how would I go about removing StoneGate, setting up the new one, and making it the default for my computer?

Thanks in advance,
Davis Engeler.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,531 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

It appears to be a corporate computer... If this is a work computer and you disable or remove it, it is likely someone, possibly your mother, will lose their job... It is probably better protection than you could get through any number of other means, so I suggest you leave it alone...

If it is a private computer, you can certainly remove it and replace it with any number of other options...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

Not something any of us here would be likely to install -
http://www.scmagazin...3c9/stonegate-/
"Price: from $490 (single node)"

It has a good review for use on a LAN or WAN but "Possibly not the best firewall for smaller organisations.".
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button