Photo

Sunbelt Personal Firewall configuration help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Xolair

Xolair

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:36 PM

Hello everyone. ;D

After managing to plug in my Xbox 360 and using ICS between it and my PC, it's working, except for the fact that my firewall's not allowing Xbox Live's traffic through. I really couldn't afford to disable Sunbelt every single time I'd want to use XBL, as I've had to now and it's already given me viruses 'n shit.

I'm not exactly sure on how to configure my firewall. It's a Sunbelt Personal Firewall, as in a free version of it. Have tried to input some ports that would be needed to allow XBL through, here are the ports:

http://www.xboxlivet...e...ox Live use

Does anyone have any idea of how to exactly configure this firewall and make those ports functional? Has anyone here used X360 with a firewall and knows the exact ports? Any help would be appriciated!

-Xolair-

#2 Xolair

Xolair

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:06 AM

Got it fixed, wouldn't have gotten any help from this forum anyway I assume. Well, won't be visiting this place ever again. :evilgrin:

#3 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,440 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:32 AM

Well, good for you!! You post a trivial problem in a malware fighting forum and less than 2 days later, you don't get the free help that people offer here so generously in their free time, so you complain that no one would have helped you if you had more patience... How rude of our volunteers to not drop all of the problems they are fighting with backdoor trojans and information stealers to immediately come to your aid so that you could run your games without hesitation!!

And since we are the Sunbelt support forum -- oh, wait a minute, we are NOT the Sunbelt support forum?? Maybe that would have been the place to go to ask a question like this though...

Please feel free to not ask for any more help here since you are clearly very picky about the free help you get... As a matter of fact, since you are that picky, I suggest you stick with paying some techie $100 an hour or so to answer any questions you might have in the future... If you are lucky, you might even find one every once in a while who actually knows something about the question you are asking...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#4 jerryc

jerryc

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

...and THAT'S why Budfred will NOT do two shows a night! :rofl:
Keep your sunny side up.

- B. DeSylar

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button