Monitoring computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 nasels

nasels

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

I have a need to monitor my computer. I would like to be able to see websites visited and monitor chat room activity, including keystrokes etc..

Any good recommendations?

#2 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,474 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:32 PM

While there may be legitimate and legal uses, what you want to install would be considered spyware, and we don't recommend programs for that use here, we help people remove spyware and other malware.

Possibly what might meet your needs is to be sure the computer is in an open, visible area, rather than off in an isolated area that can't be easily monitored.

If that's not an option, you may want to try filtering and parental control software such as the free K9 Web Protection from BlueCoat. It's essentially the same filtering (via software) that I would pay for if I was using the optional subscription filtering in my hardware firewall.

Free Tools for Fighting Malware
Anti-Virus: avast! Free Antivirus / Avira Free AntiVirus
OnLine Anti-Virus: ESET / BitDefender / F-Secure
Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware / Dr.Web CureIt
Spyware/Adware Tools: MVPS HOSTS File / SpywareBlaster
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Free / Privatefirewall
Tutorials: How did I get Infected? / Internet Explorer Privacy & Security Settings
If we have helped, please help us continue the fight by using the Donate button, or see this topic for other ways to donate.

MS MVP 2009-20010 and ASAP Member since 2005

#3 nasels

nasels

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:46 PM

Deleted

Edited by nasels, 23 September 2008 - 07:51 PM.

#4 nasels

nasels

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

>While there may be legitimate and legal uses

Yes it is @ least from a parents perspective!

Edited by nasels, 23 September 2008 - 07:49 PM.

#5 screen317

screen317

SWI Sentinel

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:55 PM

>While there may be legitimate and legal uses

Yes it is @ least from a parents perspective!

If you can't trust your kids to surf the web without being monitored, then you need to either surf with them, or sit down and have a few talks with them.

The use of parental control software is another idea, and TheJoker pointed out a great piece of software for that...

Please consider donating to help support the continued prompt and excellent services of this site.

#6 snemelk

snemelk

inżynier

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:38 PM

The use of parental control software is another idea, and TheJoker pointed out a great piece of software for that...

Probably an alternative: Windows SteadyState - described here by miekiemoes... ;)..
c18903e63196580f.gif

snemelk.hekko.pl - - my site with a few computer security tips...
Silesia - that's where I live!

"If I had some duct tape, I could fix that." - MacGyver

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

#7 cmicheeljim

cmicheeljim

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Try  You can set it up to send logs to your emails. I had it setup so every hour, it would send me an email filled with pictures. Every 60 seconds it took a screenshot of his desktop, as well as every time a new application was launched. So every hour I got emails with over 60 images in them, along with every word they typed into every window. It's worth a look, I think they have a trial version somewhere.

EDIT: To disable advertising link and remove ad for program...  Please do not post advertising links in the forum if you wish to remain a member...  You may still be banned if it appears that you are a known forum SPAMmer...

Edited by Budfred, 15 July 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#8 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,510 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

cmicheeljim,

If you took the time to read a few of the comments in this topic, you would have seen that we are not going to allow people to SPAM ads for keyloggers...  Keyloggers are almost never appropriate and most often used to invade privacy - we do not support that...

EDIT: With investigation, this person is a known SPAMmer posting from China...  He/she/it is now banned...

Edited by Budfred, 15 July 2013 - 10:32 PM.

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#9 CiHunter

CiHunter

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Is it still a problem?

#10 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,474 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

CiHunter, please note that this was a 5 1/2 year old topic, where someone was requesting spyware, which we do not tolerate.

Free Tools for Fighting Malware
Anti-Virus: avast! Free Antivirus / Avira Free AntiVirus
OnLine Anti-Virus: ESET / BitDefender / F-Secure
Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware / Dr.Web CureIt
Spyware/Adware Tools: MVPS HOSTS File / SpywareBlaster
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Free / Privatefirewall
Tutorials: How did I get Infected? / Internet Explorer Privacy & Security Settings
If we have helped, please help us continue the fight by using the Donate button, or see this topic for other ways to donate.

MS MVP 2009-20010 and ASAP Member since 2005

#11 CiHunter

CiHunter

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

I would like to recommend you **** or ****. These programs provide both real time monitoring and history reports. It could be useful many ways)

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button