Photo

A-squared wants to delete all my other antispyware!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 reisender16

reisender16

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

I have been using A-squared free 4.0.0.21 for a little while, and on every scan it detects the entire folder where I keep my antispyware scanners.
In the past, when I've 'fixed' the problem, A2 will delete the entire folder and I have to download all of my antispyware programs again!

Recently I scanned with A2 in safe mode and it crashed (closed by itself) mid-way through the scan twice. Is this some sign that it might be dodgy?

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:55 AM

It is unlikely that A-squared would be doing that if working properly... I suggest you note this in your active topic so whoever helps you can address it there -- it is likely you have something infecting your system and you may have a rogue version of A-squared at this point...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 reisender16

reisender16

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

I suggest you note this in your active topic so whoever helps you can address it there -- it is likely you have something infecting your system and you may have a rogue version of A-squared at this point...

my active topic? where?

#4 screen317

screen317

SWI Sentinel

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,815 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:43 PM

This one... you know, the one you posted...

http://www.spywarein...?...&pid=672145

Please consider donating to help support the continued prompt and excellent services of this site.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button