pwnage.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iggeh

iggeh

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

ok so i just wanted to let people know that there is a new trojan out on the internet, my friend just installed it on my computer and its incredibly annoying to remove. its called pwnage.exe. it also installs a file called ws2_32.bat which creates a ws2_32 folder in your system32 path. it adds a few registry keys etc, i think he may be using it to install a reverse connect trojan. and he has been known to put this stuff on utorrent etc

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:03 PM

This is a known trojan and you can get help removing it by reading the FAQ and posting a topic in Malware Removal with your log...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 screen317

screen317

SWI Sentinel

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,815 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

ok so i just wanted to let people know that there is a new trojan out on the internet, my friend just installed it on my computer and its incredibly annoying to remove. its called pwnage.exe. it also installs a file called ws2_32.bat which creates a ws2_32 folder in your system32 path. it adds a few registry keys etc, i think he may be using it to install a reverse connect trojan. and he has been known to put this stuff on utorrent etc

I agree with Budfred's suggestion.

Not sure what kind of "friend" this could be if he's willing to do this... Does he know this is illegal...? Does your local police know about this...?

Please consider donating to help support the continued prompt and excellent services of this site.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button