No replies to this topic

#1 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:52 PM

Thanks to rct2dotcom who has given me permission to quote their posts from http://forums.invisionpower.com
I had asked why sometimes clicking the link in the "Last Post Info" on the right of a topic listing doesn't take you to the end of the topic.

If you hover over the topic title and look at the URL in your status bar, you see that it ends with 'getnewpost'. So clicking on the topic title takes you to the FIRST UNREAD POST in the topic since you last viewed the topic. This may or may not be the last post.
If you want to guarantee to go to the actual LAST POST in the topic you need to click on the teeny tiny icon just to the left of the date and time in the line abocve the topic title.
It's easy to get confused by these teeny tiny icons and these2 different types of naigation towards the end of a topic. For example when you go into a forum and list the topics, the previous teeny tiny icon Posted Image is still there over on the right and does the same thing, but to view the first unread post you now have to click on a new teeny tiny icon Posted Image way over to to the left of the topic title.
Permission Granted, just so long as you use the exp​ression 'teeny tiny' to describe the icons. :) As I [and my eyes] grow older, the icons seem to get smaller.
Generally, IP.Board does not use graphics just for eye candy. The graphics always tend to 'mean' something or do something. The 'blobs' on the left of topic titles for example. You can quickly see which topics have changed since you last visited, as well as topics in which you have posted. IP.Board is also good with 'alt' tags. It's always worth hovering over icons/graphics to see what is displayed.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button