How to detect cutwail spambot?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DenshaOtoko

DenshaOtoko

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:56 PM

My company ip has been blocked by CBL for sending spam. It says it detected cutwail2 spamBOT. But the problem now is how can i check for the infected pc? i have about 20 pc in my office. and i do not have a powerfull firewall which can generate usefull info. What should i do now?

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

It is likely that the whole network is infected... I suggest downloading the tools discussed in the FAQ and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?" which are both linked at the top of each page... Use those tools to scan all of your computers and clean them up... Make sure you install an effective firewall and other protections so that you don't go through this again... Many business are being infected to use as servers for malware and attack other computers...

As much as possible, try to clean all of the computers at the same time or keep the uncleaned ones disconnected from your network until you have time to clean them... It is likely they will infect each other if they are networked, so you will never get them all clean if they stay connected...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button