1 reply to this topic

#1 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:13 PM

If your email address is invalid, it annoys your mail server to keep receiving undeliverable mail. It can cause a mail server to block all our email notifications. Yahoo.com is particularly touchy about this. The best mail to use for reliable delivery is Gmail. We no longer allow Yahoo, Hotmail, or AOL for new registrations or email address changes.

If an email notification is undeliverable, I am going to think about changing the member's address to
[random string] @nowhere.net.
That will go nowhere and keep us out of trouble.
I always remove all the member's topic or forum subscriptions.

I will try to keep an updated list of members with bounced emails here.
  • If your email address is invalid, log in and change your address to a valid one via "My Controls".
  • If you can't log in and are trying to retrieve your password or trying to validate your registration:
  • Post your problem in the Guests and Unvalidated forum and I will bail you out.
  • Click here.
Recent bounces:
tttoshy, Deejay100six, cranberry, realysikuvmalware, RonM417, LonnyRJones, jmm157, sakhmet1025, Tundra, mararena, BrianPotter, woodcharmer, enosnewt, maximillianii, ScarBoro55, BlackLotus69,
dob12352

Edited by cnm, 25 May 2009 - 01:31 PM.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#2 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

I strongly urge you to register a free gmail address if you are having any trouble receiving our notifications. Gmail has never blocked us. http://mail.google.com/mail/
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button