Is Kaspersky genuine?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trumpy9404

trumpy9404

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

Can anybody advise me about the Kaspersky a/v? I scanned with malwarebytes anti-malware and had several bugs including trojan vundo. I then cleaned them out and scanned again with Spybot, Super anti spyware, A squared free, Combo fix, plus spyware blaster with the result being negative. Great I thought but as an extra check I scanned with the Kaspersky online free scan and it tells me I have ten or so worms and trojans etc. Of course to clean them....if they exist, you have to pay registration fees. I suspect the program is set to tell you that you have bugs to lure you into paying. Has anybody had experience with this? Opinions welcome

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

Is this the same computer as you posted about here?

http://www.spywarein...mp;#entry691100

If so, please stick to that topic and someone will help you... Also, whoever assists can help you with whatever Kaspersky showed... If this is the same computer, post all of the logs from the scans in that topic so that the helper will have that information to help you...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button