Spyware Detector

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 larrys3255

larrys3255

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:23 AM

I am using Spyware Detector from Maxsecure. The problem is that my antivirus programs see it as spyware. Also, recently I was not able to download updates nor uninstall or reinstall the program. And when I logged onto their Live Chat to request assistance, they sent me a link to a program to clean the system and uninstall. But this site was flagged as a false site by gmail and by ESET.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,540 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

There are a number of sites that have identified it as a rogue and you experience supports that analysis... At best, it appears to be mediocre, but the evidence is leaning to it being a rogue... If you can't remove it, please read the FAQ and post a log in Malware Removal...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

The program appears to be probably legitimate, but not very good. Reviews at CNet are mostly pretty dismal. http://download.cnet....html?tag=uo;uo

I suggest you read the Forum FAQ, then post a topic in Malware Removal. It sounds as though you may have an infection of some sort.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button