wegame trojan?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rober2w

rober2w

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

I just received an email purported to be from a friend of mine which is really from wegame@wegame.com. It invites me to watch a video. My first hint was that my friend is a Waldorf teacher and is unlikely to have sent anything remotely like this. If I click on yes it asks for my email and a password, then shows a video hawking something called Hax. The real action is that it grabs a bunch of email addresses from my address book and sends the same message to all of them, purportedly from me.

I can't find any residue or trojans or anything left on the system from wegame. I've contacted wegame to see if they know about it. There isn't anything on the web so far about this.

Any ideas?

THX,
rober2w

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,519 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

You already posted a log for our helpers to review and that is the next logical course of action... If you haven't already read our FAQ, it would be a good idea to do so and possibly run the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware scan...

Also, it is NEVER a good idea to click on a link in a suspicious email -- it may steal your address book, but it may do much worse... If you are not expecting something like that from the person, contact that person and find out if he/she sent it before going near the link...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button