8 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,932 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

SpywareInfo Forum has members and staff who come from all around the world.
We are all proud of our little corner of the earth, so why not tell the world about your town - city - state?

You can post as much or as little information as you wish.
Add a photograph or two.
Ask questions.
Discover interesting facts about places you never knew existed or learn new facts about places you thought you knew well.
a111.gif

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see here for details.

#2 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,932 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

Hello everyone.

I come from Queensland, Australia---home of the Great Barrier Reef.

Posted Image Posted Image

The Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef in the world, roughly parallel to the coast of Queensland, Australia, for almost 2,000km. Australia has almost 1/5th of the world's reef area and most is located in the Great Barrier Reef.

The waters of the Great Barrier Reef provide the world's busiest and most varied marine habitats. Marine life is in abundance. From the many species of coral to the sought after Black Marlin and all sizes and species of fish in-between. The varied colors of the reef's fish and other marine life will astound the visitor with color combinations that artists haven't even dreamed of. It is the largest of the world’s 552 World Heritage Areas, covering 347,000 kms. There are more than 2800 cataloged reefs in the area.

In far north Queensland the reef comes right to the shore and meets the tropical rain forests of the Wet Tropics.
a111.gif

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see here for details.

#3 snemelk

snemelk

inżynier

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:45 PM

And I'm from Poland... :).

I live in the southern part of the country - Silesian region... On the one hand, it's a region of very industrial nature (with many museums and places presenting the history of industry here: Historia przemysłu). On the other hand, though, we do have many forests, green parks and mountain tops!..

You may do some active tourism (like skiing or going in the mountains, for example) or visit some places of interest - museums (some weird ones, like museum of beer or some bunkers), pilgrimage centres, castles, mines, etc. ...
www.visitsilesia.eu

From the famous places nearby: Auschwitz concentration camp, Kazimierz, Gliwice Radio Tower, Jasna Góra Monastery, etc. ...

Some of you may think this is a country in the far east of Europe, under-developed or whatever... No, we are pretty well developed, have internet here, good cars, hotels, mobile phones, etc. ... And all Poles are known for their hospitality... :).
c18903e63196580f.gif

snemelk.hekko.pl - - my site with a few computer security tips...
Silesia - that's where I live!

"If I had some duct tape, I could fix that." - MacGyver

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

#4 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hello everyone,
I am from somerset in the uk. This is a mostly rural county, but there are two cities here Wells and Bath which is a World Heritage Site, on account of it's Georgian architecture, and the remains of the Roman Baths, fed by a hot mineral spring. Attached File  roman-bath.jpg   56.93KB   13 downloads
There is also the home of cheese, Cheddar, and the gorge. Attached File  Cheddar Gorge 7.jpg   80.83KB   12 downloads
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

#5 NobleTruths

NobleTruths

Advanced Member

• Helper Trainee+
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

I am from Texas. In Texas, we don't speak English, we speak Texan.

Texas is the only state in the U.S. that was its own independent country before joining The Union. That strong sense of national pride still resides strongly in us native-born, which is why I tell people that I am from The Republic of Texas.

Contrary to common belief, not all Texans have a spread, a herd of longhorns, or oil derricks on their property. Given its size (larger than France), though, we do have quite a diversity of landscape. East Texas is famous for piney woods, swampy areas and a humid subtropical climate. Coastal area along The Gulf of Mexico has all you would expect with beach/coast regions. The central part has the Hill Country and Highland Lakes (where I grew up). Big Bend area of west Texas is where the Rio Grande flows. North Texas is the Panhandle with the High Plains (the quintessential image of Texas).

As much as I love love to post images of Texas, I am unable to. "File extension not allowed." :scratchhead:

OK, thanks, cnm...will ty it next time it is needed.

Edited by NobleTruths, 19 March 2010 - 05:49 PM.

NO AMOUNT OF ENLIGHTENMENT
CAN ALTER THE WAY THINGS ARE.
IT IS OUR PERCEPTIONS,
NOT THE WORLD ITSELF,
THAT MUST BE TRANSFORMED.

#6 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

Just load the image in Paint and save with extension .bmp or .png or .gif.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#7 e-tech

e-tech

e-tech

• Trusted Advisor*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

I'm from Aarhus, the second largest city in Denmark. Aarhus is a beautiful city and it's surrounded by beautiful East Jutland landscape. In Denmark, we speak Danish.

Originally I'm from Bosnia-Herzegovina, and I speak Bosnian language too.

My fight is dedicated to the children with autism - please support and help these kids.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
- Confucius

#8 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:21 AM

I'm from Brighton, a city on the south coast of England:
http://www.visitbrighton.com/
It's a great place to live.
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#9 Chancellor

Chancellor

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

I'm from Liverpool in the North-West of England...

There's a wealth of architectural masterpieces across the city together with the outstanding museums, galleries and gardens.

Here's a link to a photo album with some views of different parts of Liverpool: http://www.facebook....48&l=7281a84e0d and another showing a few aerial views of the city: http://www.facebook....48&l=0bd249077d

:D
Chancellor

Please consider a donation to help Support SWI
Malware Complaints - Report them here and fight back!
Member of ASAP Since 2006 (Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals)
Please read the FAQ and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?".

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button