• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PP3P

PP3P

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:11 AM

May I ask what protection could be recommended for a Mac computer?

thanks

#2 screen317

screen317

SWI Sentinel

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,815 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

Sophos' antivirus is good for Mac; I think there's a free version, and that'll pick up the few DNSchanger trojans lurking around. Aside from that, safe surfing should be all you need (for now).

Please consider donating to help support the continued prompt and excellent services of this site.

#3 george

george

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

I'd add keep the Safari Browser ,addons and Mac OS updated,,,but thats just my opinion.I don't us one, but that is more my distain for steve jobs,over priced hardware than anything else.

There are no survivors in war,,,those that live to it's conclusion are scarred for life in one way or another.

#4 PP3P

PP3P

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:19 PM

Sophos' antivirus is good for Mac; I think there's a free version, and that'll pick up the few DNSchanger trojans lurking around. Aside from that, safe surfing should be all you need (for now).

Given that this query was posted a year ago, do you know if matters have progressed and there are now any scanner programs compatible with a Mac ?

#5 wildman424

wildman424

Malware Fighter

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

Given that this query was posted a year ago, do you know if matters have progressed and there are now any scanner programs compatible with a Mac ?

Hi PP3P

Many of the mainstream security vendors are now producing anti-virus software for Mac, such as Sophos, Avast, Norton, McAfee just to name a few. ;)

Posted Image

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button