• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NuclearGeneral

NuclearGeneral

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

Hello,

I wasn't sure where to actually post this topic in firewall or programs, so I thought, since it's a firewall issue, this might suffice. Anywho...

My AVG Internet Security suite seems to be blocking my Windows Media Center from contacting my XBox 360 and I've tried all sorts of things in the Firewall settings, by allowing full access, allowing all ports, and nothing seems to be working. And also, I am using Windows 7 Home Premium if that helps to narrow it down some. Anywho, does anyone know how I can allow my Windows Media Center to contact my Xbox 360 with my Firewall still active? Cuz I really don't want to have to turn off my Firewall every time I use Windows Media Center on my Xbox 360,

Any and all Help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Donald :)

#2 snemelk

snemelk

inżynier

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

http://www.avg.com/g...m-1352#num-1352

Does it work?.. ;).
Posted Image

snemelk.hekko.pl - - my site with a few computer security tips...
Silesia - that's where I live!

"If I had some duct tape, I could fix that." - MacGyver

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

#3 NuclearGeneral

NuclearGeneral

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Anywho, I took a look at that link you gave me, and I can't seem to find the part about the "Various System Services" in my applications list. I have searched and searched for it, but it is not there. So instead of that part, I tried adding that to the WMPNETWK and it still didn't work.

I'm not sure what else to try.

Donald

Edited by NuclearGeneral, 26 March 2010 - 01:24 PM.

#4 snemelk

snemelk

inżynier

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:14 PM

Well, then this is a question to someone who uses this program as well or knows it well enough...
What I can propose, though, is contacting AVG Customer Services - if you paid for that program, I believe you have right to use their support service...
Posted Image

snemelk.hekko.pl - - my site with a few computer security tips...
Silesia - that's where I live!

"If I had some duct tape, I could fix that." - MacGyver

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

#5 NuclearGeneral

NuclearGeneral

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

Yes, I did purchase their software, a 2 year service. I'll give that a try. Thank you. :)

Member of

Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!