Ex hiding keylogger: More than mere paranoia

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pixiele

Pixiele

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

I just submitted my log from HijackThis, but could use the vent as well.

My ex has a restraining order and it is likely to be made permanent next week. In part, this is because he was an actively drinking alcoholic when the physical violence occurred and doesn't really have any evidence that he stopped. I go to print out the emails where I asked him about where the missing beers went from my gmail account for the hearing and...the...emails...are...gone. Not accidentally deleted, because I checked the server (never take them down) and trash. There are clearly several gaps in dates when we were emailing every day. He used to brag about hacking into various systems and posting malicious materials on the internet when he was younger and swore me never to tell, because it was information about bombs and the like. Frankly, I didn't believe him. Now, with missing emails specific to his case, I'm almost positive he has a keylogger hiding somewhere on here, which means he also is seeing me type this post. Until I get it off...

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,426 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:29 PM

If these emails were stored on your computer and they are now gone, it means that he has direct access to your computer... A keylogger just records information that you type... What your comments suggest is a backdoor trojan or direct access to the physical computer in your home... I suggest you immediately change any passwords that you have for any accounts, preferably from another computer that you know is safe... You will get more detailed assistance in your other topic...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of

Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!