Uninstalling Ubuntu & GRUB!?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cookie.

Cookie.

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

Hello, I dual-boot Windows Vista & Linux Ubuntu using GRUB.

I would like to uninstall both Ubuntu & GRUB and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I've searched the net, but it seems everything requires recovery disc's. (Which i don't have. :( )

Does anyone know a solution?

Many Thanks.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,637 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

We do not help people using pirated software -- why don't you have recovery disks??
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 stealth

stealth

• Helper Trainee (A)
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:13 AM

EDIT: Message removed -- Please do not offer help to the user unless the question of possible pirating of Windows is clarified...

Edited by Budfred, 04 January 2011 - 09:26 PM.

#4 duckfeet

duckfeet

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hello, I dual-boot Windows Vista & Linux Ubuntu using GRUB.

I would like to uninstall both Ubuntu & GRUB and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I've searched the net, but it seems everything requires recovery disc's. (Which i don't have. :( )

Does anyone know a solution?

Many Thanks.

I know: I've bought old computers without recovery discs and installed Ubuntu myself, and ran into similar problems...also, nowadays, often the 'backup' is installed on a spare area of your hard drive...but in any case, the best thing happened to me, w/regards Ubuntu, was the discovery of http://ubuntuforums.org/ and they'd certainly have an answer to this one. I know I had all kinds of problems with the boot sequence, and stuff, and they had all the answers...best wishes
My help is free. However, Donations in support of this website are always appreciated!

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button