Hosts File

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jonathon1084

jonathon1084

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:41 PM

Back when the original Spywareinfo.com domain was working I had downloaded a working Hosts file list of websites that I entered into my hosts file database as a prevention of spyware. This was found on the original FAQ section of this forum titled: "How to remove spyware or a hijacker". Now that FAQ thread has been updated, however the new FAQ thread doesn't mention Hosts files or even an update as what was previously on the original FAQ thread.

Is there an updated Hosts file that you guys use personally? Do you feel its needed, and is the Hosts file list I gathered from spywareinfo.com questionable? As in is it doing any good to be on my system currently?

Edited by jonathon1084, 26 May 2010 - 11:45 PM.

#2 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,932 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:41 AM

Hello jonathon1084

Is there an updated Hosts file that you guys use personally? Do you feel its needed, and is the Hosts file list I gathered from spywareinfo.com questionable? As in is it doing any good to be on my system currently?

Yes! Yes! and it's out of date! As in it needs to be updated.

If you go here you will find all the information you need to update your Hosts file.

Rocket Grannie
a111.gif

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see here for details.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button