• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swtmisty1

swtmisty1

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

hi
i went to cnet and downloaded adv system care b/c it sounded good, i am ok with using the computer but i am not super computer savvy. along with adv.system care came iobit. so i was using both and i liked them but someone told me that they steal all of your personal information and they are spyware.
do you recommend these programs at all? are they safe? i uninstalled them but i noticed iobit still in my hijack log. im not sure if i should download the tool to completely remove this or if i want to reinstall the programs. please advise me. thank you very much.

#2 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,931 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

IObit Security 360 is a rogue security program known to cause system problems and that have stolen material from other computer security companies to use in their own program.
IOBit Steals Malwarebytes’ Intellectual Property
IOBit’s Denial of Theft Unconvincing

T-Tools has created a free program that has been designed specifically to remove every last trace of the entries of IObit programs left behind if and when you have decided to uninstall one or more of these programs.
Please download BitRemover from here.
Save the program to your Desktop and double-click on the program to run it.
a110.gif

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see here for details.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button