• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 allmyhoney

allmyhoney

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

Hi all,
My McAfee has discovered what its calling StealthMBR!mbr Trojan on my windows XP machine and I cannot remove it. It has been there about 1 month now and I am struggling to get rid of it. I have run a scan with Malwarebytes also and picked up no malware on my machine. Its seem McAfee is just telling me about this Trojan and it cant delete it. I am a totally newbie to this and would really appreciate some help here with this issue.

My windows machine is XP service pack 3 I think. and I have a version of hijack this on my machine but I am not sure what this is for but I have seen it reference on these forums alot. I would really appreciate some help with this so thanks in advance to anyone reading this.

My machine has not slowed down or done anything strange to be honest but maybe this might have something to do with my website being hacked. The web company said my FTP account was probably stolen by this trojan and subsequently the website was hacked with the gumblar virus of some sort? Would this make sense?

Thanks again for your time everyone.
James

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,510 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

Please read the FAQ and post logs in Malware Removal... Our helpers can't help without details to review...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button