Help in restoring .net Frame in win xp pro sp3 corrupted by trojan attack

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 linomartinez1

linomartinez1

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:51 AM

About two weeks ago my PC,a dell dimension 3800,Intel 4, 2 gig processor, 1 gig memory was attacked by Trojans, don't know names of Trojans but I cleaned it with Super AntiSpyware and MalwareBytes and it works fine now except for the .net framework not accepting Updates from Microsoft. The Updates are loaded, but every time I try to install them, I get a message that the installation failed. I was wondering if the Trojan attack corrupted the .net framework programs.does anyone know how to rectify this problem without messing with the registry. I have heard horror stories about how doing something erroneous there can decommission you pc. If the only resolution is the registry, I guess I will have to re-install the OS, which I hate to do because I will lose all my music files and pictures. Can someone please help, Lino 1

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,637 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

It is quite possible that you did not complete the cleanup and I suggest you read the FAQ and post in Malware Removal with the requested logs to check...

If you do need to reinstall Windows, you can back up your files first, so you don't have to lose them... However, there are a number of things you can do prior to that being needed... First, confirm that you machine is clean...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:43 PM

Received email from Lino Martinez:

I have had Spywareblaster installed on my pc for some time, but it did not prevent the Trojan attack i am seeking help for . I have heard that there is a tool to clean .net framework, but I have not been able to download it. Once I tried to manually Un install all the .net framework. of which there are five on my machine and have gotten a warning that I cannot un install it because it will affect other programs and it has not allowed me to Un install any of the .net framework on my machine. Is there a tool to clean .net framenetwork, and ,if so,where can you download it from. Thanks ,Lino 1

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button