• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thomast77

thomast77

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:01 AM

Hello Everyone :)
I just had my system cleaned and I need a good FREE Firewall with HIPS. There are so many to choose from. So I am looking for some input from this great community. I have WinXP. I am running AVG free and many other Spyware/Malware scanners with real time disabled on all but AVG. Thank You in advance for any input :)
Thomas

#2 thomast77

thomast77

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:35 AM

No takers? I tried Outpost but I did not like it. Any suggestions? I think I will try Comodo next.

#3 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,637 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:19 AM

It really comes down to opinion... I would not use ZoneAlarm under any circumstances... I opted for the paid version a few years ago and it was extremely buggy -- the support from ZA was some of the worst I have encountered anywhere... I used Kerio for years and I have used a few others... Most seem to be good for a while and then start wanting to make more money, so they add junk that makes them more clumsy and slow the system... The ones recommended to you earlier or mentioned in this article are fine:

http://www.spywarein...showtopic=60955
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#4 thomast77

thomast77

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:02 AM

Thank You for the reply. I tried outpost and did not like it. I am trying Comodo at the moment. I like it so far, But I may still try Online Armor.

#5 thomast77

thomast77

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:55 AM

Ok now I am trying Online Armor now and it seems to be pretty good too. I might stick with this one for now.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button