• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie Stuart

Aussie Stuart

Aussie Stuart

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

I have tried posting my problem three times with log files using the 'post new Topic' button and all I get is a 'Webpage has Expired' notice. Am I missing something? The instructions on the FAQ section says to use the 'Add Reply' button but there isn't any on this screen. Please advise

#2 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:16 AM

I checked your permissions you should be able to post a new topic. Which sub-forum did you try to do that in?
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#3 Aussie Stuart

Aussie Stuart

Aussie Stuart

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

In the Malware Removal forum. I seem to be able to send short ones but when I explain the problem and attach the 4 logs, I get a 'Unternet Explorer cannot open this webpage. I will try again now.

Regards, Stuart

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

In the Malware Removal forum. I seem to be able to send short ones but when I explain the problem and attach the 4 logs, I get a 'Unternet Explorer cannot open this webpage. I will try again now.

Regards, Stuart

Split the 4 logs up into 4 posts and it is more likely to work... Please DO NOT attach them -- instead, copy/paste them directly into the posts...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 Aussie Stuart

Aussie Stuart

Aussie Stuart

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:43 PM

So I managed to post three posts:

One with the problem description
One with the Malwarebytes log
One with the Security Check Log

But every time I try to send the larger logs (Hyjackthis and DDS) it bombs out to the 'Internet Explorer Cannot open this Webpage'

Any ideas on what is happening?

Regards,
Aussie Stuart

#6 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:09 PM

I merged your three topics into one -- please use Add Reply instead of starting new topics...

The problem may be related to the infection you have -- many criminals try to make it harder for people to get help so that they can continue to control your computer...

If needed, break the logs up into smaller chunks and put them in separate posts... You know that you can post something the size of the Security Check or MBAM logs, so use about that size... Keep in mind that if you don't get help within 3 days, you will need to post in the "Not getting help" topic since the SWI Bot won't post when you have more than 6 posts...
Budfred

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#7 jedi

jedi

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:56 AM

As far as I know there is still a post word count limit on posting here, so that may well be the problem. As Budfred says, break up long posts and you should be OK.
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#8 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:22 AM

As far as I know there is still a post word count limit on posting here, so that may well be the problem. As Budfred says, break up long posts and you should be OK.

There is a word count limit per post, but it is quite large... It is probably due to the malware rather than the forum software...
Budfred

#9 Aussie Stuart

Aussie Stuart

Aussie Stuart

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:07 PM

As you can see I tried to break down the logs but since the last one, I can't seem to continue doing so and probably give up unless I can try and attach them or you have another idea.

#10 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:49 PM

I moved your posts to your main topic in Malware Removal -- please post all logs there...

http://www.spywarein...redirect-virus/

The log is a Notepad file... You can try changing it to a different font or posting it in even smaller sections... If the malware is blocking it, which seems likely, you will have no luck attaching it anyway... If you are not able to find a way to post it, just hang on and a helper will assist you with what you have already posted... Keep in mind that if you do not get help after 3 days since you started that topic, post in "Not getting help" to let us know...
Budfred

#11 jedi

jedi

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:38 AM

Rocket Grannie is helping. :)
jedi

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button