Entry in my registry with non alphabetical characters

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mja616

mja616

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:36 AM

What is this weird looking thing in my registry?
BTW, I was recently infected with System Tool 2011 and was about to do a Dell Quick Restore when my computer did a System Restore to a previous version of windows after it couldn't start.

Thanks!

http://img.photobuck...gistryentry.jpg

I'm running Vista home edition SP2 on a dell inspiron

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:30 PM

Please read the FAQ and post in Malware Removal with the logs requested... You are much more likely to get the help you need that way... Note that most of these infections do not go gracefully, so it is quite possible that your computer is still infected and the infection may even be harder to kill... Most of them laugh at System Restore...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 screen317

screen317

SWI Sentinel

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:10 AM

What you specifically reference is legitimate software made by a Korean company.

However, it is likely that you are still at least partially infected. As such, please read our FAQ and post to get help in our Malware Removal forum.

Please consider donating to help support the continued prompt and excellent services of this site.

#4 mja616

mja616

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:40 AM

Re: Posting on Malware Removal Forum. I shall do that.

Re: "What you specifically reference is legitimate software made by a Korean company."
Thank you. Do you know how I can get a "translator" or another way I can find out which software these characters refer to?

Thanks again!

#5 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:03 AM

Re: "What you specifically reference is legitimate software made by a Korean company."
Thank you. Do you know how I can get a "translator" or another way I can find out which software these characters refer to?

Google has a translator -- copy/paste that material into their translator and indicate Korean to English...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button