user friendly protection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lexiespicer

lexiespicer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

I am new to having a computer and my computer has a lot of malware i believe. I am looking for suggestions on software that will be easy for me to understand and use. If anyone could recommend me some downloads that are free of a firewall, spyware blocker, virus protection, just whatever protection i need. i greatly appreciate any information.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,519 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

Please read our FAQ and this article for ideas... Also, the helper who assists you will give you specific recommendations once your computer is clean...

http://www.spywarein...showtopic=60955
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 george

george

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

what I would recommend depends wether you are behind a router or not,,,and everyone has there favorites from the above list. although they are not mine ther is nothing wrong with any of them.It would also depend on how much attention and control you wish to be able have. Many all in one suites offer are much easier to use with less user input, but I have never found any of them to be as good as stand alone applications, and the big names are pretty much overkill for the average user in a none corporate enviorment with IT support..A few free apllications used behind a properly secured router along with safe surffing habits will offer you as much protection as any all in one suite and most likely better system performance.

The goal is not to die for your country,,it's to get the enemy to die for his.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button