3 replies to this topic

#1 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

Every so often I take a look at what the search bots and other guests are browsing (bottom of main page, 'Last click'). They often look at very old long-forgotten threads and some of those appeal to me for a variety of reasons - what they say, or the well remembered people who posted, or both. So I am listing some links here.

I've closed them but you can comment on them by starting your own topic here or by replying to this one.

We speak with a person who wants to install a keylogger to spy on his children - Posted 27 August 2006
are-either-of-these-keyloggers-safe/

The longest thread at SWI, I believe. Posted 11 June 2004
-the-worst-trojan-on-the-net/
Don't know why we let it go on so long (10 pages). I was a moderator then; Mike was in charge. I did eventually post a value judgment and finally closed it. http://www.spywarein...post__p__193488. The well-known guru paperghost (Christopher Boyd, now at Sunbelt Software) got involved trying to combat the nonsense.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#2 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

I remember that topic by Swami, it was when I first joined. What a bizzarre time-waster that one was! :scratchhead:
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#3 teacup61

teacup61

RIP

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

It's been almost 4 years since the following posts were made in the public Boot Camp thread, and I STILL wish I knew the who, what, and why of it. :unknw: :lol: http://www.spywarein...post__p__573369
My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

I'd forgotten about that strange interlude. I guess we will never know.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button