4 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonslore

Dragonslore

Advanced Member

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:33 AM

Did McDonald's get Hacked and not tell anyone?

The reason I'm asking this is yesturday at two different McDonald's, there were signs that said "Cash Only" and at the second stop, my wife asked why.

She was told that all McDonald's were doing this and that the order had come down from Corporate.

To me, this sounds kind of fishy as if they had been hacked and were trying to cover it up seeing as I haven't heard anything of this nature in the news which is why I'm asking about this.

After all, millions of Credit Cards and Debit Cards get used at McDonald's every day and they automatically process your payment without asking for your pin number.
(which pisses me off)

I figure if anything, someone here might have heard something or would know someone who should be able to find out if something did happen.

- Excuse the Writing, I've Got a Dyslexic Keyboard

#2 Ablion

Ablion

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

I don't think so because no body can do this, It is the multinational company who provide all the fast food items. So about such kind of firm normally people talk negative so you should not be considered these kind  of talks true. 

SPAM link removed...

#3 Drabdr

Drabdr

SWI Junkie

• Helper Trainee+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

The best course of action would be to contact McDonalds. When I did a search on the issue (Google search), nothing came up current about it. I'm sure something would have appeared.

There are several instances where they may not take it at night, a particular store may not accept credit cards, etc.

Life is too short to remove the USB safely.

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

Note that the original post was Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:33 PM so it makes sense that you couldn't find any current information about it...  It was only updated so that Ablion could post and later add a SPAM signature...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 Drabdr

Drabdr

SWI Junkie

• Helper Trainee+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Note that the original post was Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:33 PM so it makes sense that you couldn't find any current information about it...  It was only updated so that Ablion could post and later add a SPAM signature...

Ah.. You're right. I totally missed the original posting date. It did lend to an interesting read, though. It would seem (at least in America) that consumers are becoming quite dependant on their credit cards. 

Life is too short to remove the USB safely.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button