AplusWebMaster

• SWI Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,104 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

FYI...

ID theft ring busted - 111 In New York
- https://threatpost.c...new-york-101111
October 11, 2011 - "Authorities in New York have arrested more than 100 people accused of participating in an identity theft scam that generated $13 million in illicit profits for crime gains in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, according to a statement from the District Attorney for Queens County. The accused are alleged to have stolen financial information from consumers in the U.S. and Europe over a 16 month period. The scam relied heavily on trusted insiders within financial and retail businesses to steal information and, in two cases, merchandise from Kennedy Airport and Citigroup, according to a statement Friday. The scam was wide ranging and reported to be the largest ever in the U.S. Among those arrested were bank tellers, store employees, restaurant workers and others who worked on behalf of the criminal networks to steal financial and identity data. That data was then used to forge credit cards which were, in turn, passed to organized shopping "teams" who engaged in coast-to-coast shopping sprees, buying designer handbags, game consoles and jewelry - all goods that can be easily fenced online and turned back into cash for the scammers..."

:blink: :ph34r:
.The machine has no brain.
 ......... Use your own.
Browser check for updates here.
YOU need to defend against -all- vulnerabilities.
Hacks only need to find -1- to get in...

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,637 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

Best news I have heard all day -- I hope all of them are put away and not allowed access to computers for a very long time... :clapping:
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button