Can my account be deleted?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_HDMI_*

Guest_HDMI_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if my account could be deleted. A few years ago, I created this account to sign up for 'Boot Camp'. But I don't have the skills and time now to do so.
Thank you in advance.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

You changed your username and now you wish to delete your account - it seems that you are trying to cover your tracks... I believe you also know by now that this is the kind of thing to ask about via PM... I will not delete your account and suggest that you simply stop coming here or, if you are concerned about that you might post, give yourself a complicated password and don't write it down so you will forget it... cnm may decide otherwise...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

Hello HDMI. We don't like to delete accounts, because if you return we want to be able to recognize you. I suggest that you just change your display name again if you don't want your posts to be found by search engines. May I ask what your concern is?
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#4 Guest_HDMI_*

Guest_HDMI_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

I just wanted to delete this account, because I felt that I no longer use it.
But it's OK if my account wil stay as it was.

#5 muffinator2002

muffinator2002

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

I too want to delete my account, however I received an email from one of the administrators saying i can't have my account deleted. This is outrageous, i've never heard of any website deciding to retain my information.

I created my account around 4 years ago as I needed an account to browse through a forum to do with an internet issue I had at the time. I had no use for it since. I cant see the reason why you would not choose to remove my personal details in this case.

#6 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

I too want to delete my account, however I received an email from one of the administrators saying i can't have my account deleted. This is outrageous, i've never heard of any website deciding to retain my information.

I created my account around 4 years ago as I needed an account to browse through a forum to do with an internet issue I had at the time. I had no use for it since. I cant see the reason why you would not choose to remove my personal details in this case.

We have no interest in your personal details. You can edit your Profile to remove anything you don't want shown, and I will be glad to edit out any personal details in posts you have made. I will need link(s) to the posts you want edited.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#7 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

You appear to have only one other post which you posted in 2008 and you did not follow through to getting help with it... It does not appear that the previous post contains any personal information... We can change your username if you wish to disassociate with your username, but it is unlikely that it would make any difference if someone connected your username with any other forum where you use it...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button