• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JeronMad

JeronMad

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hi.

I highly suspect of having spyware installed on my Nokia 5800 and wanted to know if a hard reset (completly wipe out absolutly everything) would remove it or is there a chance it could stay intact?

I live in Spain so if theres anyone who knows about laws related to reporting spyware, please let me know.

#2 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,462 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi JeronMad, and Welcome to SWI.

Smartphones, particularly Android based phones, are seeing an explosion in the amount of malware out there.
Unfortunately, this forum is for help with PC's, not smartphones.

That said, your phone apparently uses Symbian OS 9.4 as the operating system. I found this reference for doing a hard reset back to factory settings:
http://discussions.n...800/td-p/424027

just type in *#7370# from the numeric keypad mode, just make sure to make a full backup though...

If you had any additional questions, that Nokia support board is where I would recommend posting any questions; you'll be much more likely to find a knowlegable answer there.

Free Tools for Fighting Malware
Anti-Virus: avast! Free Antivirus / Avira Free AntiVirus
OnLine Anti-Virus: ESET / BitDefender / F-Secure
Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware / Dr.Web CureIt
Spyware/Adware Tools: MVPS HOSTS File / SpywareBlaster
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Free / Privatefirewall
Tutorials: How did I get Infected? / Internet Explorer Privacy & Security Settings
If we have helped, please help us continue the fight by using the Donate button, or see this topic for other ways to donate.

MS MVP 2009-20010 and ASAP Member since 2005

#3 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,462 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Free Tools for Fighting Malware
Anti-Virus: avast! Free Antivirus / Avira Free AntiVirus
OnLine Anti-Virus: ESET / BitDefender / F-Secure
Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware / Dr.Web CureIt
Spyware/Adware Tools: MVPS HOSTS File / SpywareBlaster
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Free / Privatefirewall
Tutorials: How did I get Infected? / Internet Explorer Privacy & Security Settings
If we have helped, please help us continue the fight by using the Donate button, or see this topic for other ways to donate.

MS MVP 2009-20010 and ASAP Member since 2005

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button