• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ademp

ademp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

Hi, all, noob here.

Im in the process of installing a keylogger or spy software, I have checked the laws and aparently because i own the computers i am well within my right to install whatever software i like.

The reason is to keep an eye on my employees as there work rate has declined and i managed to see a facebook page open on one of my computers a worker was using, even though i do not allow this activity on my computers in work time

first, what is the difference between a keylogger and spy software? or is it the same thing?

Also i have come across this site keylogger, has any one used this software if so how good is it and whats your rating of it?

thaks ad

EDIT: To obscure name of site for program...

Edited by Budfred, 25 November 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,545 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

This is an anti-malware site... We do NOT endorse any type of malware, whether it is legal or not... Keyloggers are a form of spyware and we do not endorse using it for any purpose... If you have a significant issue with employees wasting time on the job, I suggest you talk to your IT people about putting restrictions on what can be accessed from the computer... If you do so, your employees will be forced to use their cell phones/smart phones to access their Facebook pages, so they will waste time without using your computer... If you wish to make an adversarial workplace, install spyware to spy on your employees and be prepared for angry passive aggressive reactions... You will likely also need to replace some employees who quit...

Note that we are aware that this type of question is often asked as a first step in SPAMming the forum and we will not tolerate that... If you return with further advice about the program this I obscured reference to in your post or if someone else shows up to promote a program, expect to be banned and labeled as SPAMmer...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Budfred is correct. I would advise you to talk with your employees.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button