5 replies to this topic

#1 godawgs

godawgs

• Security Colleague
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hello,

I joined the site on Feb 18th. I am a graduate of the GeeksToGo malware removal school. I wanted to send BudFred a PM requesting access so I could try to get some info on a tool, but I don't have permission to use the Private Messing part of the board so I can't ask for access. And there are some other parts that I don't seem to be able to get into. It's probably because I'm a new member and haven't made any posts yet but would someone please activate the personal messenger section for me or advise me as to how to send a messae to BudFred?

Thanks.

#2 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Welcome godawgs. Yes,  New Members are very limited.  You will become a Full Member when you have made two posts.  You will then be able to send a PM to Budfred.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#3 godawgs

godawgs

• Security Colleague
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for the reply cnm. I figured it was something like that. I know I'm new here but it would be helpful if that info. was put in the FAQ or in the Help link. I looked in those but obviously didn't find anything.

Thanks again.

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,440 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

The reason that we (and many other forums) have that limit is so that SPAMmers can't join and immediately start a deluge of SPAM to our Members by PM...  If we provide details about our security policies in the easiest places to find them, they are more likely to find a way around them...  Most people who wish to be active here get two posts in quite quickly, so it is usually not an issue...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 noomi

noomi

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:35 PM

I still have not received a single email. Please help! ????? 

EDIT: To remove advertising link...

Edited by Budfred, 25 March 2015 - 12:53 AM.

#6 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,440 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:56 AM

I still have not received a single email. Please help! ????? 

EDIT: To remove advertising link...

I am afraid that I don't know what you are talking about...  If you are talking about receiving private messages, you would not usually receive them unless there is a need to engage in a private conversation with someone...   Please explain what you mean...

Also, we do not allow advertising of various commercial sites on the forum and I deleted your link concerning a Spanish course for that reason...  If you post any more links like that, you may lose your forum privileges and be reported as a SPAMmer... 

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button