7 replies to this topic

#1 adambrown

adambrown

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

Hi all,

I am looking for anti virus or any other program to protect my sysytem because its speed is very slow now. Please suggest me about anti virus.

Thanks in adwance.

SPAM links deleted... SPAM posting ability removed...

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

If you are suggesting that you do not already use an antivirus, your computer is probably very slow because it is infected and you need to read the Instructions - then post logs in Malware Removal prior to installing any other programs... http://www.spywarein...showtopic=79038

You have been discussing antiviruses in a number of topic around the forum and even have recommended some, so it seems odd that you are asking for suggestions for one now... I believe you already know several of the options based on the topics you have been responding to, so I won't repeat those here...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 adambrown

adambrown

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Actually i have some little bit knowledge about anti virus. But i want to know from other people about best anti virus for computer systems. thanks... 

#4 adambrown

adambrown

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

Hi all,

Actually we need anti virus for system protection. But i am thinking that is there any anti virus for lifetime use so that we can use it permanenty and no need of demand of anti virus again and again.

#5 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

If you encounter an antivirus which advertises itself as a "lifetime antivirus" it is a scam...  The pace of change in malware would make such a concept absurd...  Antiviruses need to evolve and update to keep up with the threats, so it would be a very bad idea to have one that did not update...

Since you are still talking about antiviruses, I merged your new topic with this one...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#6 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Not sure what you mean by lifetime antivirus. There are fine free antivirus programs Avast and Avira. I use Avast and it automatically updates its database at least once a day. Once it's installed it doesn't need any attention except when new versions of the program become available.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#7 alexalbert

alexalbert

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

Try Norton antivirus to protect your system it is awesome antivirus for protect your system . Norton antivirus also give help to their user for protecting your data from the virus and malware attacks by giving service " Norton tech support " to their user.

#8 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Try Norton antivirus to protect your system it is awesome antivirus for protect your system . Norton antivirus also give help to their user for protecting your data from the virus and malware attacks by giving service " Norton tech support " to their user.

Norton is not superior to free programs like Avast, Avira, or Microsoft Security Essentials.  Also Norton costs money and has an annual subscription fee.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button