Photo

Hacker can trace one of the best maps of the Internet.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Android 8888

Android 8888

SWI Malware Tracker

• Trusted Advisor*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hello,

I just found this interesting news on a website. Since it is related to computer security, I thought to disclose to the community.

However if there is a problem concerning this issue, I thank the moderators to give their opinion.

Initially the goal was to make a survey of IPv4 devices, a job that an anonymous hacker developed over two years and resulted in one of the best Internet censuses already made.

All information is provided in a paper published online, which called Internet Census 2012, which also explains the methodology used. The discovery of vulnerabilities in devices with Linux gave rise to the census of devices connected to the network in the world and allowing their mapping.

Altogether 420 thousand
equipment and computers have been used, using the classic login telnet root:root to create the botnet Carna, which have only served to conduct the study.

The researcher warns, however it's stupid that so many units are unprotected, especially at a time when we talk increasingly of cyberwar, reads the document, stressing the fact that it is necessary to solve the lack of passwords and the use of keywords pre settings.

Probably many of us may have been hacked without knowing it.

Android 8888

Tavira - Here's where I live!

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Our help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation; Please see This Topic for details.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button