Problems Posting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RobertCF

RobertCF

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Having problems posting in my thread on 2 blue screen events. Sometimes when I click "post" nothing happens. When I was able to post a text log it displayed as one paragraph instead of the outline format in the text file. When I tried edit the post I got an edit posting error. I didn't have this problem yesterday. Is it me or the site?

#2 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

I believe it is you.  Make sure you use Notepad or other plain text editor (not a document editor like Word).  Make sure word wrap is turned off.

The button may occasionally be slow to take effect if someone has a long SQL search in progress.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#3 RobertCF

RobertCF

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

It may be my Internet or wireless connection.  I have a Belkin Surf N 300 and I don't know how old it is because someone gave it to me.  For the first 6 months it worked fine.  Then it started acting up.  I mean for a week to 2 weeks, I'm constantly losing my connection and I have to click on the "open network and sharing" tab to reconnect or troubleshoot.  Then, after having problems for a week or two, it's works fine for a month to 6 weeks.  Then it starts acting up again for a week or so.  These cycles have been going on for about a year.

Does this make sense or am I losing my mind?  I know I should get a new router, but from just an academic point of view, I'd like to know why it's happening.

#4 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Read How Do I Troubleshoot Internet Disconnects?

If that doesn't work you should contact Belkin.  Options for contacting them are at bottom of this page:  http://www.belkin.co...-support/update

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#5 RobertCF

RobertCF

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

I finally got around to changing the channel from 1 to 6 (channels 1,6 and 11 are reccommended).  If that does not improve things, I'll go to channel 11.  I'll let you know how it works out and thanks for your help.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button