Photo

PC Monitoring Software Returning Erroneous Results?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maatra23

maatra23

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hello all!  I'm new to the forum.  Just joined in fact.  I am hoping someone can help me out with some ideas regarding an issue I've run into.  Basically my computer is being monitored by my finacee with some software.  I don't know what she's using.  She apparently had them run a report on my usage of Soulseek, the Peer2Peer file sharing software.  The results she's getting back are showing tons of things I didn't download and haven't heard of.  Does anyone have any ideas about how something like this can happen?  Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.  I'm at my wit's end and it's possible that my relationship might be over b/c of the files I supposedly downloaded.  Thanks a lot!

#2 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hello maatra23.

It sounds as though you might be infected with a P2P trojan.  We can help you remove malware and get rid of the monitor.

Please read the Instructions for how to start a topic in Malware Removal. Post the requested logs (MBAM, DDS, Security Check). We need the information in order to help you.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#3 maatra23

maatra23

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

Thanks for the reply!  I'll look into P2P trojans and will also follow the instructions to post int he Malware Removal forum.  I really appreciate it!

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

If she is actually spying on you, you may want to reconsider the relationship whether she ends it or not...  Seems like trust is really not good there...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button