Photo

Security check? Malware removal? How do I find someone qualified?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 UnicornToots

UnicornToots

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hello,

I've been here in the past and always seem to get great information that I really appreciate from knowledgable people. I've been having some issues and I'd like to know if someone can tell me how to find someone that is trustworthy and qualified to check my computer's security. Is there a certain computer repair chain known for doing a good job at this kind of thing? Are there certain questions I should ask? Are there things I should look for?

I have searched on the internet, but I think Google doesn't ever actually want me to find anything.

The reason is I have been having issues with accounts of mine that seem to have been hacked. I keep scanning with different tools, changing passwords to everything, but I keep having strange activity happening. I have tried to contact the site with the issue, but they made it very difficult to find a way to contact anyone and I haven't received any kind of reply from my attempts.

I hope someone can give me some information. I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you for your time. :)

Edited by UnicornToots, 20 July 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#2 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

If you read the Instructions and post the requested logs in PC Checkup, we can easily check for vulnerabilities.  We wouldn't want you to have to pay for what we gladly do for free. :)

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#3 UnicornToots

UnicornToots

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

Thank you. I'll do that. I didn't want to have to keep bugging you guys every time I've got a thing going on. :lol:

But if anyone has any advice, please feel free to post it.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button