Concern about RAT... Split...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mattyrm

mattyrm

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Hi there everyone, i've been reading along here to find out how to delete or remove my current RAT. I've had this RAT for probably over a year now. I accidentally got tricked into installing a .EXE a long time ago and ever since I've been infected. It somehow leaked into my Network/Router because It affects my internet throughout the house. I'm on my current Windows PC right now where the .exe was installed and infected. My 2 macbooks and ipad always seem to have trouble with the internet. It's on and off and it's because of this RAT. I've called Rogers plenty of times, tried a new router/modem, got a new MOBO/cpu/video card setup and somehow the RAT is still here. I tried malwarebytes and all those programs 6 months ago and nothing worked so I gave up.

Here I am again because this RAT is bothering me and it's mucking up my whole internet. I'd really appreciate it if I could get some help here on removing this because my parents are starting to get upset and blaming me for the internet. I'll do whatever it takes and even Donate if this problem gets solved. I'll be checking this forum daily, I didn't know where to post and I'm tired of searching for 2 hours and trying to remove this RAT./

Please help guys!

EDIT: For obscene language - this is a family forum...

Edited by Budfred, 10 August 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

I split your post from another Member's topic - please do not post in other Member's malware topics...  For your problem, please read the Instructions http://www.spywarein...p?showtopic=109 and post a new topic in Malware Removal with the logs we have requested: http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/forum/18-malware-removal/

Please do not use obscene language - this is a family forum and we will not tolerate that type of language...  Please note that if you have really had a RAT for over a year, you have assisted the criminal who placed it by not getting it thoroughly cleaned out and it is important to remove it for that reason...  However, it is quite possible that there is another explanation... 

Please note that while we accept donations gratefully, this is a volunteer service and we do not require them to help people...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button