• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gregory Brooks

Gregory Brooks

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

My home page has been hijacked by Ask search toolbar browser hijack. How did i get this google redirect virus? Every time I open a new tab some Ask search toolbar comes up. It’s really annoying. Another victim said:” My search engine has been attacked by Ask search toolbar, someone give me a removal guide link yac.mx/en/guides/browser-hijacker-removal/20130814-how-to-remove-ask-search-toolbar-through-isafe-virus-removal-tool But it requires to download sth, so can someone know whether it is reliable? , and my OS is windows 7, Please help!and i don’t know how to get rid of it? What do you do then?

EDIT: To disable pestilent SPAM regarding the same scam antivirus that is being SPAMmed all over the Internet by this pest using different usernames...

Edited by Budfred, 27 September 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,460 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

This pest has posted all over the Internet advertising this "antivirus" program and posted here yesterday under a different identity...  We will keep banning him/her/it each time we find a reference to this program and this means of advertising suggests that the program could be a scam or at least uses unethical means to promote itself, so I personally recommend that our Members avoid it like the plague...  Read here for more:

http://www.spywarein...h-toolbar-help/

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button