16 replies to this topic

#1 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,532 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

I just update FireFox today and now it stalls out on me after a few clicks...  I haven't found any help for it anywhere yet and I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues...  I may not even be able to post this message - hopefully it will work long enough to do so...  I can use IE and I installed Chrome which is working, but I don't have as much security installed on either one and Chrome is an unfamiliar interface that seems to be limited on security options...  If anyone knows a fix for these issues, please let me know...  I don't want to have to remove and install an older version if I can avoid it...  I have already reinstalled this version, but it didn't fix the problem...

If you haven't already updated, you may want to hold off on that...  I am on Win7 and I don't know if it is a problem only with that or with all OSes.

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#2 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,942 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

I updated to version 24 on Win 7 with no problems.

It sounds like a conflict with an add on.

a115.gif

My help is free however if you wish to make a donation please see Here

#3 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,532 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

I forgot to say - update to 25.0... 

I checked add-ons to make sure they are all updated...  If need be, I will turn each one off and see what happens, but I want to see if anyone else has encountered these issues first... 

Thanks for responding...

Budfred

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#4 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,942 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

I forgot to say - update to 25.0...

Okay, I'll update it and let you know what happens.

a115.gif

#5 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,532 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

You may regret that - as I did...

Budfred

#6 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,942 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

Updated to 25.

So far so good behaving normally, will let you know if anything changes.

a115.gif

#7 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,532 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

It works okay for me for the first few clicks, then stalls after a while...  It will eventually move, but gets to the point where it won't hardly move at all...  Are you opening more than one tab?

Budfred

#8 AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

• SWI Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,104 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

I did 2x Win7 and 1x XP machine to v25.0 yesterday without trouble, but you may want to ask about your problem here. They are usually pretty good about helping out:

Firefox Support

- http://forums.mozill...wforum.php?f=38

.The machine has no brain.
 ......... Use your own.
Browser check for updates here.
YOU need to defend against -all- vulnerabilities.
Hacks only need to find -1- to get in...

#9 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,942 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Have been opening multiple tabs multiple pages---no problems.

Wow this is quick. Page is open and I'm still clicking.

a115.gif

#10 AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

• SWI Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,104 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

"... works okay for me for the first few clicks, then stalls after a while.."

'Had a thought about that - you may want to check your firewall setting for the "plugin-container.exe"  setting... it's updated with every Firefox release.

.The machine has no brain.
 ......... Use your own.
Browser check for updates here.
YOU need to defend against -all- vulnerabilities.
Hacks only need to find -1- to get in...

#11 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Seems to work fine for me for browsing.  I do notice that the post editor works strangely - perhaps an incompatibility there.   The WYSIWYG mode doesn't terminate new URLs properly.  Only seen in Firefox, not in Chrome.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#12 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,532 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

I just disabled a bunch of add-ons, so I will see what happens from that...  I don't like to go without them, but if it works to disable them, I can add them back and see if I can determine which might be causing the problem...  Of course, it may turn out that I bog down again anyway and that may not be the issue at all...  I will let you all know - thanks for the ideas...

I tried the Firefox support forum yesterday and saw that many people were having similar problems with the previous update and some did not get an answer then...  I will check it out again...

Budfred

#13 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,532 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

Well I opened a bunch of tabs and checked out the FF support forum without any difficulty, so it looks like Rocket Grannie nailed it with the suggestion that it was an add-on...  I will now go through and enable each in turn to see what might have been the problem...  I will post back when I get it sorted...

Budfred

#14 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,532 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Okay, I seem to be back to normal...  I ended up removing a few add-ons for cookie management that hadn't been updated in a long time and added a new one...  So far I haven't had any more stalls...  Thanks for all of the help!!

Budfred

#15 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,532 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Turns out my conclusion was premature...  I had enabled most of my remaining add-ons and started having problems again...  I started doing the elimination again and I think I have it now, but still not sure...  It seems like it might actually be an add-on that I never use which is supposed to help find MP3s...  If that turns out to be the case, I will just remove it...

Budfred

#16 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,942 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

Turns out my conclusion was premature...  I had enabled most of my remaining add-ons and started having problems again...  I started doing the elimination again and I think I have it now, but still not sure...  It seems like it might actually be an add-on that I never use which is supposed to help find MP3s...  If that turns out to be the case, I will just remove it...

Good fun isn't it?  :rofl: :rofl:

a115.gif

#17 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,532 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

It may not have just been the MP3 add-on, but that was definitely part of it...  Whatever else it might have been, it is working now that I removed a few obsolete programs and that MP3 add-on...  If anyone else has a problem and you have an add-on for finding MP3s, I suggest you remove it or at least disable it... 

Budfred

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button