USB scanning software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Painted_Lady

Painted_Lady

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

Is there a anti virus/spyware software that will automatically scan any usb device as soon as it is plugged in?

For example I have an iphone, digital camera, memory stick and a Sony reader. If I had something dodgy on any of them, I presume it would transfer to the pc, or vice versa. Memory is not good so I dont remember to do a scan, is there anything that would do it automatically?

Thank you.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,468 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

I am pretty sure that most antiviruses can be set to scan automatically on any device attached to the system...  I have NOD32 (a paid antivirus) and it scans or asks my permission to scan when I plug in a device...  I can turn that off or on, so I have it set to ask...  It can also be set to just do it without asking...  Check the settings in your antivirus and see if that option is already there...  If it isn't, you could certainly use a different one, just check the options that it has before installing...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

Not automatic, but Avast can scan them.  Open the drop down menu under Scan by clicking the down arrow, select 'Removable media scan', click Start.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#4 Painted_Lady

Painted_Lady

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Thank you both  :)

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button