Mac keyloggers?!?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ree

Ree

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

I know it is possible for macs to get keyloggers, but I'm wondering if its possible for someone (an acquaintance, not a website) to download a FREE keylogger on a mac by accessing the computer.

I think my sister may have put a keylogger on my computer, but before I start stressing out I want to get the facts.

I know she wouldn't have purchased one, so it would have to be possible to download for free, and I am unclear or not as to wether she has the administrators password. Could she have put a keylogger on my computer?

If so, what can keyloggers detect.. can they really detect EVERY key typed (such as emails), or just password/credit card number stuff?

Lastly, I downloaded macscan and I only saw three categories, "spyware", "cookies", and "tracking cookies". Which one of these would keylogger be categorized into,if any?

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,460 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

It appears likely that this is the first step in a SPAM attack...  However, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and simply say that we are not a Mac forum - we work with PCs - I suggest that you ask in a Mac forum if you are not simply setting this up to return and SPAM us later...  Your IP address and email are associated with SPAM attacks, so be aware that we do not tolerate SPAMmers in our forum - we strive to see how quickly we can ban SPAMmers... 

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 Scophie

Scophie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

Spam attack? How could you think that you have a keylogger in  your Mac? 

#4 Avira

Avira

• Helper Trainee (A)
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

From what i know and from my knowledge Yes there is keloggers on mac but not simply keyloggers no theres what you call a JDB (java Drive By) and basically you need to run it on a mac (Needs Java) and from there you can simply disable java and get rid of it though i am not sure how the only thing i know about removal is there a tool out there by the coder itself of the Famous jRAT which will delete the jdb for u 

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button