21 replies to this topic

#1 r2d290

r2d290

SWI Junkie

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

Welcome to the new Forum Cafe! This is a place for informal chat about everything and nothing between the highest mountain and the deepest seas.

You can talk about whatever you want in this topic as long as it does not violate the guidelines of SWI. Beside this, it is the users of the Forum Cafe that decides what should be the topic of conversation.

In Norway we have a law that also applies here:
«You shall never bother others,
You shall be both fair and kind.
And whatever else you do, I shall not mind.»

A few rules though:
  • Please do not use this topic to link to your own topics or webpage.
  • It is allowed to ask simple support questions here, but please create your own topic for more extensive questions.

#2 bushtuckaman

bushtuckaman

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the corrrect forum for this but i'm in need of a little help with my PC

I've started having a few problems with my computer recently such as:-

AVG not starting and getting error message "This program is blocked by group policy, for mor in fo contact your administrator"

Intermitent freezing, with CTRL ALT DEL not bringing up the task manager

not coming out of sleep mode properly

Generally slowed down in performance.

Scans with Adaware revealed no infection and since AVG no longer works i've downloaded Avasti (who's scan show no infection)

I'm a bit stumped and any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

John

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Hello bushtuckaman.

We would like you to have your own topic in PC Troubleshooting or Malware Removal forum.

Please read the Instructions, start a topic, and post the requested logs (MBAM, DDS, Security Check). We need the information in order to help you.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#4 Kikesan

Kikesan

SWI Padawan

• Helper Trainee+
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

Hello!

It's been a while since the last time I was here, and I see some things had changed (mostly visual).

I hope everyone is doing well and I want to apologize for the long absence.

Sorry for my English, it is not my native language.

#5 r2d290

r2d290

SWI Junkie

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

Welcome back! What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger :)
Would you like a warm cup of coffee? Or maybe something stronger?

#6 Kikesan

Kikesan

SWI Padawan

• Helper Trainee+
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

Yes, that's true.

The coffee is fine, the weather is kinda fresh here. And thanks for the warm welcome :)

Sorry for my English, it is not my native language.

#7 r2d290

r2d290

SWI Junkie

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:59 AM

Here you go!
coffee-ending.jpg

So, what's up in Mexico (and in the rest of the world)?

Edited by r2d290, 05 May 2014 - 01:13 AM.

#8 Android 8888

Android 8888

SWI Malware Tracker

• Trusted Advisor*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

Hello everybody!  :wave:

Here in Portugal the Spring smells like the Summer. Suddenly it became very hot.
It's good to be among this great staff.

Cheers.  :thumbup:

Android 8888

Tavira - Here's where I live!

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Our help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation; Please see This Topic for details.

#9 r2d290

r2d290

SWI Junkie

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:13 AM

Can't say the same about Norway. The spring smells like the winter, except rain instead of snow. 4 degrees Celsius in the middle of the day, and never ending rain.

And God damn! Some crazy people here have started a "Facebook-game". They are filmed while they say:

"Thanks for the nomination, Bob. I'll gladly take the challenge and jump in the ocean.
Then I'll nominate Hans, Peter, Nora, Sara and Joe to jump in the ocean. If you don't, you owe me 1 liter of Vodka".

In Norway, 1 liter of Vodka has a price of 50 Euro, and the water is just above the freezing point. The crazy thing is that this has spread around the entire country, and everyone is doing it :p

Yeah, and we had the Nobel peace price yesterday, and our prime minister refused to congratulate the winner. Welcome to Norway! ^^

#10 art248

art248

Advanced Member

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

Hi, guys. Nice to see you all again. Been away for awhile. Very busy, these days. On another note, in Malaysia, its raining everyday which is good as it stops the water rationing that has been going on for nearly a month. We would only get flowing water from our taps every two days due to the water levels at the dam reaching critical levels. For now it has stopped and we get water everyday although the water pressure is still lower than before. Still at least water everyday :D

#11 r2d290

r2d290

SWI Junkie

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

I can't imagine how that feeling is. Every second year we are forbidden to use Irrigation sprinkler more than 30 minutes a day. Kind of a big difference compared to no access during two days. Holy crap, I'm glad your water is back :)

Interesting to see how this forum gathers people from around the world :)

Edit: Oh, btw: Welcome back!

Edited by r2d290, 08 May 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#12 Drabdr

Drabdr

Advanced Member

• Helper Trainee+
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

Hello everyone!! Drabdr is back. To do, whatever it is that... Drabdr does. :)

Living in Texas, we're in our bad weather season; hail, tornadoes, etc. We dodged some tornadoes tonight, but there was some pretty mighty heavy winds that tore up some trees.

I hope everyone is getting ready for Summer.

Life is too short to remove the USB safely.

#13 Android 8888

Android 8888

SWI Malware Tracker

• Trusted Advisor*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:11 AM

Here we are with almost 30 degrees Celsius in the air and 20 in the ocean.

We will wait for the real Summer in June to get until the 40 degrees. But it's great to go on the beach already. :cool:

There are lots of tourists in here.

It's better to be inside the water here than in Norway. :rofl:

Fortunately we don't have tornadoes in here. In general it's a mild climate.

Regards.

Android 8888

Tavira - Here's where I live!

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Our help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation; Please see This Topic for details.

#14 r2d290

r2d290

SWI Junkie

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:37 AM

40 degrees in the summer :O I wouldn't survive :p If we are lucky, we have 1 day during the summer with a temperature above 30. I generally dislike temperatures above 30. Too hot in my opinion.

#15 art248

art248

Advanced Member

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

I'm glad my water is back too. makes you appreciate the things in life that we take for granted such as clean running water. In my place temperatures are normally above 30 or very close to 30 unless you are living in the highlands, or perhaps out of town areas, above 30 is quite common, only during rainy days then we'll get below 30. I live in a tropical country that is how the climate is. :D

#16 r2d290

r2d290

SWI Junkie

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

Living in Texas, we're in our bad weather season; hail, tornadoes, etc. We dodged some tornadoes tonight, but there was some pretty mighty heavy winds that tore up some trees.

Have you ever read The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck - The prisoner of White Agony Creek - By Don Rosa? The story (and the judge) is legendary!

Spoiler

Edited by r2d290, 13 May 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#17 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

The crazy thing is that this has spread around the entire country, and everyone is doing it

No, not at all, I had a Norwegian girlfriend, and as far as I can work out you are all crazy. Certainly she was, and her whole family, but in a good way if you know what I mean!  :thumbup: 

Here on the south coast of England it is sunny and mild, but still with a spring sharpness to the air. It's a nice day but then hey, I'm British, if it's not grey, overcast and drizzling miserable rain it's a nice day.

Extreme weather events like tornadoes are rare here, and usually short-lived but do cause damage and the occasional death. As a kid on holiday in a static caravan park one hit the park at night, turned a few vans onto their sides or roofs. Ours felt more like being in a boat at sea for a while. I don't remember being scared, I thought it was cool. That was the 'sixties but it's still tornado alley: http://www.telegraph...-two-years.html

As I say, nothing like those massive monsters that sweep across the plains of the US. The 'Great Storm' (actually an extra-tropical cyclone) of 1987 caused a massive amount of damage and some deaths:

https://en.wikipedia...t_Storm_of_1987

but that was very rare.

jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#18 Drabdr

Drabdr

Advanced Member

• Helper Trainee+
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:23 AM

Have you ever read The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck - The prisoner of White Agony Creek - By Don Rosa? The story (and the judge) is legendary!

Spoiler

I'll put in on the list. Thank you!

Life is too short to remove the USB safely.

#19 r2d290

r2d290

SWI Junkie

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:30 AM

The crazy thing is that this has spread around the entire country, and everyone is doing it

No, not at all, I had a Norwegian girlfriend, and as far as I can work out you are all crazy. Certainly she was, and her whole family, but in a good way if you know what I mean!  :thumbup:

I have no clue what you are talking about :cool:

Edited by r2d290, 21 May 2014 - 02:31 AM.

#20 jedi

jedi

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

I rest my case! :rofl:

jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#21 jedi

jedi

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

Postscript: was chatting to the above-mentioned ex on the phone today and mentioned this topic and the Ylvis 'song'. She knew the song and the video, her comment;

'yes, and to think, we used to be Vikings!' :D 

jedi

#22 r2d290

r2d290

SWI Junkie

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:58 AM

Yeah, and now we aren't even able to start a vacuum cleaner. The time changes :P

What else do you know about Norway? Been here? Do you know the language? 

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button