• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 steelersjourney

steelersjourney

SteelersJourney

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

What Is The Best Anti Virus ,Anti Malware ,Anti Spyware Product Out There ?

#2 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,475 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

In a way, there is no such thing. There are excellent products out there, but no product will identify everything, and not all will successfully remove some items that they detect.

Avira and Avast are two of the better antivirus programs that have a free version. If you include paid versions, I would include Kaspersky. For anti-malware/anti-spyware (malware is a very general term), I would highly recommend Malwarebyes Anti-Malware. I use the paid version on all my systems. There is a free version that has the same detection and removal capabilities, it just doesn't give real-time protection. For additional protection, I always use Spywareblaster.

Free Tools for Fighting Malware
Anti-Virus: avast! Free Antivirus / Avira Free AntiVirus
OnLine Anti-Virus: ESET / BitDefender / F-Secure
Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware / Dr.Web CureIt
Spyware/Adware Tools: MVPS HOSTS File / SpywareBlaster
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Free / Privatefirewall
Tutorials: How did I get Infected? / Internet Explorer Privacy & Security Settings
If we have helped, please help us continue the fight by using the Donate button, or see this topic for other ways to donate.

MS MVP 2009-20010 and ASAP Member since 2005

#3 tsr66

tsr66

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:56 AM

In a way, there is no such thing. There are excellent products out there, but no product will identify everything, and not all will successfully remove some items that they detect.

Avira and Avast are two of the better antivirus programs that have a free version. If you include paid versions, I would include Kaspersky. For anti-malware/anti-spyware (malware is a very general term), I would highly recommend Malwarebyes Anti-Malware. I use the paid version on all my systems. There is a free version that has the same detection and removal capabilities, it just doesn't give real-time protection. For additional protection, I always use Spywareblaster.

I have to second and agree what The Joker has said in respect to what is the best. What may work for one may not work or suite ones needs for another. On my PC I have Avast IS.....also Malwarebytes Premium.....as additional protection  Spy-shelter Premium.

#4 Android 8888

Android 8888

SWI Malware Tracker

• Trusted Advisor*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

Hello steelersjourney.

As TheJoker said, there is no such thing. Your question depends on a few things.

For example two different Antivirus programs may protect your Operating System but they use different methods to do it. They may be different in the virus database, heuristics, false positives, etc. Each Company has his own method to produce the program. In addition, both may even use different resources from your computer, e.g. memory or CPU resources, etc. 

Also the paid version of the programs have some features as real time protection which you don't have on free versions.

So as you can see this is not a question with a trivial answer.

I personally use:

Antivirus: avast Free Antivirus

Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Anti-Spyware Tool: SpywareBlaster and Superantispyware

I advise you to read the following article, that may will help you to understand and do the best choice for your computer.

http://www.techsuppo...-list-world.htm

Android 8888.

Android 8888

Tavira - Here's where I live!

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Our help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation; Please see This Topic for details.

#5 peterdavidson99

peterdavidson99

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:10 AM

I have been using Immunet http://www.immunet.com/free/index.html for my PC protection. You can also try Malwarebytes - https://www.malwarebytes.org/

#6 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,475 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

I see you have been posting recommendations for Immunet at many sites immediately after registering at those sites - https://www.google.c...idson99 immunet

I don't know anyone that would recommend Immunet over more recognized and capable protection software such as Avast, Avira, AVG (all three of which have free version), Kaspersky, ESET, and others.

Instead, I would recommend it's removal and installation of a more capable security program.

Free Tools for Fighting Malware
Anti-Virus: avast! Free Antivirus / Avira Free AntiVirus
OnLine Anti-Virus: ESET / BitDefender / F-Secure
Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware / Dr.Web CureIt
Spyware/Adware Tools: MVPS HOSTS File / SpywareBlaster
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Free / Privatefirewall
Tutorials: How did I get Infected? / Internet Explorer Privacy & Security Settings
If we have helped, please help us continue the fight by using the Donate button, or see this topic for other ways to donate.

MS MVP 2009-20010 and ASAP Member since 2005

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button