1 reply to this topic

#1 JimKenzie

JimKenzie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

Hello:

Brand-new member!

Windows 7 Professional, Lenovo E220S laptop.

For the past couple of weeks, I have occasionally - not always! - been getting a pop-up upon cold start saying: "new patches new patch package is available", with a pair of check boxes "yes" or "no". There is no identification on this pop-up as to what software/system/whatever it refers to. Almost needless to say, I always click "no", because I don't know what it is for.

I have Googled this message but can find no reference to it at all, which I find a bit strange! Surely if it is happening to me, it is happening to someone else?

Also, it occurs only my laptop, but not on my desktop to which the laptop is network-linked.

I run Microsoft Security Essentials and update its database every few hours. I have also just run Malwarebytes (the free version...) and neither has turned up anything suspicious or which seems related.

Not sure if this is the forum to which I should turn, but I don't know where else TO turn! So I throw myself upon your collective wisdom and experience!

Thank you in advance.

Jim Kenzie

#2 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

Hello Jim,

Could be some kind of unwanted program.  Please read the Instructions and post the requested logs (MBAM, DDS, Security Check).  

in a new topic in the Malware Removal forum.

We need the information in order to help you.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button