I signed up to your forum due to a few reasons: 1. I see you are turning out some TRAINED advisors and help, not just 'back yard mechanics...'.
2. I would not request smaller malware sites to 'join forces', I have seen plenty out there that are full of gossip, small idle chat, negativity, bickering and back stabbing! You don't need it: maintain a friendly, friendly happy site! In my opinion: the sites that are busy are the sites that have what seems to be a ?? paid?? welcoming crew. I do not know if any are actually paid, but they are people who absolutely say 'hello! to a new member on the spot! 24/7!
I do not know if those varied and inconvenient sometimes HOURS will work for your site, but many people, like me, are clocked to be awake in the night, and sleeping in the day- at various hours. I usually sleep at 3:00-4:00 AM, and start my day at 10:30 AM with my first POT of coffee!
3. Personally, i would not put up this article...
Ideas for increasing Forum utilization where it can be seem by the public
Now, if I can just get back to normal font and size...
4. I have seen tons and tons of beginners going to forums, raw, unable to add 2+2, and with knowledge stated as beginner, or basic, or as starting out... I have noticed this, because I am one! I always look to see what somebody's ability level is! It tells me that ..maybe I can get advice there, or we are 'brothers and sisters' in ..."duh-dumb' -'How do I get that screenshot?' or you want me to do ...'what?' How do I do that? You want me to save that log to ..desktop? How do I do that?"
I see some that are just barely advanced beyond me, who know how to do that and maybe a little more, but don't know how to protect themselves online and dont know that programs can conflict!
5. I have seen great forums, and some may be graduates of your schooling, that put up exact directions, with screenshots, and suggestions like: if you get lost, just let me know before you do anything, and I will help walk you through it! That is the site I'll use. So, to final suggestions:
6. a. A Seniors Computing Skills School.com b. A First Steps Computing School. com c. A Computer Clicking Safety abc. com
d. bitz+malware.com appears to be an unclaimed .com domain
You have highly skilled people here. I wish I had 1/16 your knowledge and ability, but I am starting at 63! To date, just turned on the computer, and turned it off. Little time for more. Took it in if sick, got it back, turned it on and off. Trying to learn basic safety, to help prevent infections, as 'worms' aren't the worry out there any more! Krpto and/or Crypto or bank thiefs and credit cards and hackers getting into Anthem and hackers getting into Social Security and knowing my computer was used to be a part of something sinister...what's it called...? you know, where your router is used to overwhelm another's site by too much traffic? I know my computer was a part of that, so I turned it off entirely, unplugged it.
If you can draw learners, make it pleasant, fun, friendly, friendly, friendly, you will, unfortunately have many 'beginner trainees' to deal with for awhile, but then, they will be HOME! I have grand children who don't know, that aren't included with a computer at their house, that have no idea except a tiny bit that they get at school once a week, that I would send here, if it was available to them to learn, in a '10-12' year old 'class'. Do this, then go play ...mine sweepers for 1 hour... then come back and I'll be here for your next class! As administrator, I will send you a PM or email in one hour, and if you don't get back here, 1/2 hr. of mine sweeper next time. I don't know- but all worth talking about between yourselves. But, I wouldn't (personally) do it here, in pulbic! People are drawn to action! Not snoring or ..help..or what are we going to do... Sorry, it is just a psychological truth.
Have fun! OrderUp!