Photo

Does anyone know if SpyHunter 4 is a Rogue software or actually the real deal?

spyhunter spyhunter 4 rogue spyhunter4 spyhunter 4 rogue rogue spyhunter 4

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 psychicguy

psychicguy

Advanced Member

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

Hey everyone,

Just curious if anyone has heard anything good or bad about SpyHunter 4.  So far I'm not so sure but I have seen some reviews of people saying good things. I am under the assumption that the bad things that are said about this program is that you have to pay for it to remove the infections which sounds very "Rogue-Like" but I can't say for sure.

Can anyone let me know what they think of this? It seems relatively new of a Malware Security software.

Thanks,

-psychicguy

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,519 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

It appears to be from Enigma Software and they have a good reputation...  Unless they have gone rogue as a company, it is unlikely that their product is rogue...  It isn't that unusual for a company to require payment to download the fully activated version of their software - it would be more of an issue if they are identifying all sorts of malware that no other software sees - that is typical rogue behavior...  For example, if MBAM doesn't pick up a bunch of stuff that this program does, it is much more likely that it is rogue...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button