• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Graywolf64

Graywolf64

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:31 PM

I've never used any video or audio call software for one reason, I don't trust their security, do you know how I can make Skype as secure as possible, especially now that Microsoft owns it, do I need to install security software for it or configure anything on my computer. I have Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on my desktop with an external webcam.

Thanks

#2 Korora

Korora

Certified Geek!

• Helper Trainee (A)
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:19 PM

What do you mean as "secure"?

Skype is already "secure" the only issue is about the resolving of user's IP addresses. 

#3 Graywolf64

Graywolf64

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:01 PM

What I mean is, is there any way to make the connection between the 2 parties more private and secure than it already is, like settings in Skype, settings on my desktop, etc.

What do you mean "the resolving of user's IP addresses"?

#4 Korora

Korora

Certified Geek!

• Helper Trainee (A)
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:49 PM

What I mean is, is there any way to make the connection between the 2 parties more private and secure than it already is, like settings in Skype, settings on my desktop, etc.

What do you mean "the resolving of user's IP addresses"?

Pretty much there are things online called "Skype Resolvers" and what they do once a username is entered it will show the IP address of that user.

The best way that I have seen to fix this issue and make things more private is to use a proxy or vpn.

#5 Graywolf64

Graywolf64

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

Thanks, I'll check into those. Do you know if there's any way to check the privacy and security of a Skype connection, like software or websites?

Thanks.

#6 Graywolf64

Graywolf64

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:13 PM

Does anybody know if 3proxy is any good or has tried it. Would it be a good proxy to use with Skype? I haven't found too much information about it. But it looks like it's got a lot features. Here's the site.

http://3proxy.ru/

Thanks.

#7 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,460 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:25 PM

Does anybody know if 3proxy is any good or has tried it. Would it be a good proxy to use with Skype? I haven't found too much information about it. But it looks like it's got a lot features. Here's the site.

http://3proxy.ru/

Thanks.

I know absolutely nothing about it, but the address of the website seems to be Russia and that is where a great deal of the world's malware originates...  I suggest looking on sites that have a reputation for offering clean software before going with an unknown product from Russia...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#8 Graywolf64

Graywolf64

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:13 PM

Thanks. I think I will look through those suggested again. Thanks for your input.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button