2 replies to this topic

#1 AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

• SWI Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,104 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:13 AM

For the last 12+ hours or so, I have multiple machines (Vista, Win7) in multiple physical locations that sit there "spinning their wheels" with -nothing- happening, attempting to download updates from Microsoft.

Anyone else experiencing same??

:think:   :blink:

.The machine has no brain.
 ......... Use your own.
Browser check for updates here.
YOU need to defend against -all- vulnerabilities.
Hacks only need to find -1- to get in...

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,460 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:38 AM

It appears that my copy of Win 10 has downloaded this update: http://www.computerworld.com/article/3102899/microsoft-windows/microsoft-delivers-windows-10s-1607-upgrade.html and is wanting a reboot to finish installing it...  My Win 7 box claims to have checked for updates at 2:59 AM this morning...  I just checked again and there was another update which downloaded and installed without difficulty...  There was an AMD update that I didn't install yet...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,460 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:39 PM

Addendum: I just found that Skype had some sort of preview installed and apparently signed me in - presumably because of this update...  I uninstalled it immediately, but I am quite angry that it happened at all...  I uninstalled Skype a long time ago and only had it because it came with Win 10...  MS seems to be getting more and more invested in pushing junk on the public...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button